– Qatar’s Foreign Minister Dr. Khalid bin Mohamed Al Attiyah met Wednesday with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, on the sidelines of 40st session of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Council of Foreign Ministers, held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
– HE Minister of State for Defense Affairs Major General Hamad bin Ali Al Attiyah met on Wednesday with Italian Air Force Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Pasquale Preziosa.
– The State of Qatar has strongly condemned the continuing air raids launched by the Syrian warplanes on civilian areas and the use of explosive barrels which led to the deaths and injuries of a large number of civilians, mostly women and children.
This came in a speech of the State of Qatar delivered by HE the Permanent Representative of Qatar to the United Nations Office in Geneva Faisal bin Abdullah Al Hanzab before the 26th session of the Human Rights Council Agenda item 4 on the interactive dialogue with the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Syrian Arab Republic.
– HE Ambassador and Permanent Delegate of the State of Qatar to UNESCO Ali Zainal said that Qatar is maintaining its heritage and it has its own national vision concerning development that could be achieved through the creative efforts and progress in the areas of education, economy and preservation of cultural heritage, which is an essential partner in the sustainable development process in the country.
– Qatar Permanent Delegation to the United Nations Office in Geneva, in cooperation with the delegations of France and Italy, have organized a “workshop” under the title: “end impunity for the atrocities being committed in Syria,”. The workshop was held on the sidelines of the 26th session of the Human Rights Council, currently being held in Geneva from June 10 to 27.
– Qatar National Bank (QNB), one of the World’s Strongest Banks, in collaboration with Franklin Covey have delivered a specialized development programme entitled “The QNB Group Leadership Development Programme (LDP)” for Senior Management in Qatar.
– Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (KAHRAMAA) on Wednesday organized a workshop on district cooling under the theme of “Towards Cooperative District Cooling Society.”
– Qatar ranks first among nations with foreign direct investment (FDI) in Kuwait, with total investments in 2012 topping KD 1.9 billion, concluded a survey by the Kuwait Central Statistical Bureau. (END)