HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, chaired the Cabinet’s regular meeting held at the Amiri Diwan yesterday’s noon. At the beginning of the meeting, the Cabinet listened to the explanation made by HE Dr. Hanan Mohammed Al Kuwari, Minister of Public Health, on the latest developments to curb the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Cabinet affirmed the continuation of the precautionary measures taken to combat this pandemic.
Then, the Cabinet has approved the draft State budget for the fiscal year 2021 and a draft law approving the budget. It also approved of referring all the main sections and sectors of the draft budget and the draft law to the Shura Council (Advisory Council).
The draft budget has been prepared based on the following principles:
– Adopting the principle of medium-term planning for the general budget and setting financial ceilings for the years (2021-2023) after reviewing the projects and programs of all sectors.
– All ministries and government agencies are required to set financial ceilings for the medium term (2021-2023), and direct them to arrange their priorities, including programs and projects included in the Second National Development Strategy of (2018-2022), according to the allocated budgets and specific financial ceilings.
– Continuing to allocate financial resources to complete the implementation of strategic projects in accordance with Qatar National Vision 2030, particularly those related to hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the health and education sectors.
– Allocating the necessary financial resources to develop new citizens’ land and infrastructure for existing areas.
– Supporting business environment development initiatives to enhance the role of the private sector and its participation in various economic activities.
– Working on maintaining the credit rating of the State.
Source: Hukoomi Government of Qatar