CAIRO, Egypt- The anti-Qatar Arab league, led by Saudi Arabia, said that, they would keep close watch on Doha's seriousness in combating terrorism, official news agency MENA reported.
The statement came, after Qatar had signed a memorandum of understanding with the United States, earlier on Tuesday, on a series of measures to cut terrorism funding.
The four countries, namely Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and Egypt, said in the statement that, the agreement reached between Qatar and the United States "is not enough," adding that they "would keep a close eye on Qatari efforts to fight terrorism funding."
It also said that their sanctions on Doha would remain in place, before it meets their demands.
The four Arab countries have severed diplomatic ties with Qatar early last month and cut off sea, land and air links to the tiny, rich Gulf nation, accusing Doha of supporting terrorism, interfering in their internal affairs and seeking closer ties with Iran, a Saudi rival.
Qatar has strongly denied the charges, while rejecting a list of 13 demands put forward by the bloc.
The sanctions resulted from the repeated unmet demands from Qatar, for the past years, to stop its support for terrorism, the statement added.
The U.S.-Qatari agreement included clauses on combating funding for terrorism. This tackled one of the core accusations against Qatar by the Saudi-led bloc, which criticised Doha for financing extremist groups, that seek to destabilise their countries.
Source: NAM News Network